Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 24th

It was a calm and happy morning in the Schulman house.  I was curled up in my chair playing on my phone while you were contentedly pushing your giraffe...ripping apart the floor play pad thing... You brought me the bubbles, we blew bubbles for a few minutes when it started just getting sticky.  I imagine you will not understand why that matters until you're about 33ish...with a kid pouring bubbles all over you and your couches...but it was sticky Man.  How did I deal with this?  I put the bubbles away.  Right up there on that shelf you're crying under.  Then pointing at and crying under.  Then collapsing under from the weight of the irrevocable wrong that has been done you.  Though I would do it all the same Sweet Boy, I am sorry for how very wronged it made you feel.  Bubbles are a dangerous business.  Who knew?...

...We left the scene of the crime with you still hysterical, but luckily some milk and a nap brought you back to baseline.  We went to the playground and met Maia and Marie and Justin there.  It was good times.  I mean, you had a few mini meltdowns there too, not gonna lie...but all in all you had a great time.  Maia and you both have matured greatly since last you saw each other, and you seemed pleased to share your new accomplishments with one another...and some Cheerios.

From there we went to Jenny's house and had a lady's night (Five Ladies and a Gentleman) (well...some might argue the numbers on that one, but...).  We had dinner and we had some fussing, and a whole lot of lovin' from the dogs and Harmony and Dolly and Rosie... You and Rosie both got a little punchy towards the end...It's so much fun to watch you two.  I kind of want to video tape a whole chunk of a day some time... Ya know, because I don't document your life enough... 




























No comments: